- 3 cups milk (low fat or skim works fine)
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. salt (I use Kosher)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix (I use the Heart Smart version)
- 1 - 1 lb. bag frozen broccoli (or 1 stalk fresh broccoli, chopped and finely diced) - cooked to al dente
- 2 cups chopped smoked ham
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced (or 1/2 Tbsp. onion powder)
- 3 cups grated favorite cheese
In a large bowl, blend milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and Bisquick with a wire whip. Add rest of ingredients, except 1 cup of the cheese; stir together until mixed well. Pour into a greased 9 x 13" glass baking pan. Bake 45-50 minutes at 400 degrees F, until eggs are set. Before the last few minutes of baking, top casserole with remaining 1 cup of cheese and finish baking until casserole is set and cheese is melted.
Recipe Source: My mother:) Donna H.